Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Omega Man

On saturday last there was a series of really powerful rainstorms. A particularly strong one hit at about 11am and lasted for at least an hour. Hard sheets of warm rain. Winston (my small jack russel/poodle mix) gets intent when there is rain. He sits constantly at the window. I put on an old t-shirt, shorts and old shoes and we went off to prospect park in the last of the squall. By the time we got to the park the storm had passed in favor of muggy sunshine. The hard rain had scared away the normally thick weekend crowds. I took Winny off his leash, even though thats illegal where we were, and we ran around the long meadow. For half an hour I didn't see another soul. Just Winny and I jumping around like we were the last two gentlemen on earth. I don't think I've ever seen Winny happier. He likes to run around me in strange orbits, and at times he'll shoot off like a comet to investigate a group of orioles in a puddle or a particularly interesting stick. He does everything full speed. Later I slid down the wet hills like a slip and slide, with Winny speeding along next to me. It was quite the fun time. Then we saw a group of people and they gave us a nasty glance calculated to make us feel stupid. And I laughed in their general direction and slid down the hill again. It was a good day at the park.

Songs I am listening to lately:

M Ward: I'll be Yr Bird, Deep dark well
Modest Mouse: Gravity rides everything, The View
Coldplay: Viva La Vida, Violet Hill
Seawolf: Middle distance Runner
Asobi Seksu: Thursday
Frank Black: St. Francis Dam Disaster, Speedy Marie.

Also on first listen I am very disappointed in the new Death Cab for Cutie album. But stay tuned cause my opinions of albums usually change with time.


-aaron

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had some rib bones and I wanted to bring them to your little gentleman but alas I had no way to transport them. I promise the next bony meat goes to him. Ignore all innuendos.

Death Cab was not good this time around. Too bad. They had some killer tracks on their last album.