Monday, May 19, 2008

dissection of a Day

Activities I did today:
Stretched
Ate Breakfast
Drove to provo
Worked on Thesis layout at Provo City Library
Went to Lunch with Dan
Printed out two color copies of the Thesis at Kinkos
Went to Borders and bought "9 stories" by JD Salinger(sp).
Went to the canyon and shot shotguns with Joel
Went back to the library and wrote a poem about a deer, but really about patriarchy
Drove Back up Provo Canyon to midway.
Watched a Basketball game
wrote this Blog

Human Beings I talked to today:
Nathan
Joel
Dan
Telly
James
Overbearing waiter at lunch
My dad (his 60th birthday)
My mom
my brother
Internet lady at Provo Library
Kinkos lady
Katharine
Borders Sales Clerk
Random shopper in borders who wanted my advice.

Non-humans I talked with today:
Good sir Winston (my dog, interior monologue)

Music I listened to today:
Bon Iver (skinny love, flume, stacks)
Lonely, dear (I am john)
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Eckhart Tolle (background for my ride home)

Main themes of my thoughts today:
Thesis
Shotguns
Patriarchy
How much i miss certain parts of utah
what I've learned from NYC
continuing education/PHD programs
basketball
this blog
what the perfect day would be for me

Things I felt strongly about today:
shotgun safety procedures
gratitude for Dan and his kindness
working the system
How much I love the feel of a short lyric novel
one day having a home that is comfortable (a haven) in all the little ways
Deer
reciprocal kindness/love

One overarching message delivered to me by the day:
I am a good (kind) human.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kind human being, eh? That "Day" is a liar.

I finally got on the Google Reader train. It's so much better. Indeed.

This is a cool idea. I'd like to try to turn something like this into a poem.

You need to stop lurking on my blog and leave comments. Lurky McLurkerson.